- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the field of mathematical modelling.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level, more specifically you will be the lecturer for the theory of Modelleren en simuleren van biosystemen (in Dutch, I002445) and Introduction to environmental modelling and simulation (in English, I002593).
- You develop course material for Modelleren en simuleren for students with background in pharmaceutical sciences, in view of the new Master programme Pharmaceutical Engineering.
- You are prepared to serve on the study Programme Committee of the master in Pharmaceutical Engineering.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree ((preferably) Bioscience Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar). For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research on the modelling of resource recovery processes or pharmaceutical processes.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
- You have affinity for management of a project portfolio.
- You have affinity for people management, without micro-managing.
- You have affinity for writing project proposals.
- You organize your work carefully.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a temporary appointment for a period of 3 years. The appointment cannot be renewed.
- Even if you have already been appointed earlier (whether or not at another university and whether or not in the same field of discipline) in a first term of up to 3 years, you can apply. The second appointment does not have to be immediately connected to a first term
- Your appointment will start on 1 January 2022 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
All information and how to apply here.